Here it is folks!
This is my final 2017 mock draft and my best guess as to how things will unfold on Thursday evening.
Make sure you are ready for the 2017 NFL Draft by subscribing to NDT Premium. You will immediately receive 2017 NFL Draft Guides from Kyle Crabbs and Joe Marino that include 300 unique, in-depth scouting reports from both Kyle and Joe. Your subscription also comes with a 12-month premium content plan that takes you through our scouting journey. Click here for details and to purchase.
1. Cleveland Browns: EDGE Myles Garrett, Texas A&M – The Browns cannot pass on the best player in the draft. Garrett can have a Von Miller/Khalil Mack type impact on the defense.
2. San Francisco 49ers: EDGE Solomon Thomas, Stanford – Who is playing LEO defensive end in Robert Saleh’s defense? Enter Thomas who fits perfectly.
3. Chicago Bears: Defensive Lineman Jonathan Allen, Alabama – There are holes in the Bears defensive line and Allen provides considerable versatility.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Running Back Leonard Fournette, LSU – With Doug Marrone and Tom Coughlin you know Jacksonville is going to want to run the ball. Fournette can be the focal point and take pressure off Blake Bortles.
5. TRADE Cleveland Browns: QB Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina – The Browns have the ammunition to move up and get Trubisky. He is a great fit for an offense that is severely lacking a signal caller.
6. New York Jets: Safety Malik Hooker, Ohio State – Adding Hooker allows Calvin Pryor to play closer to the line of scrimmage and provides the defense a playmaking presence on the back end.
7. Los Angeles Chargers: Safety Jamal Adams, LSU – The Chargers are assembling an impressive arsenal of pass rushers, so adding a playmaking safety such as Adams behind them would be a terrific addition.
8. Carolina Panthers: Running Back Christian McCaffrey, Stanford – McCaffrey is a great fit for the Panthers rushing attack and provides a receiving threat out of the backfield for Cam Newton.