Important Note: This is what I think happens, not what I personally would do. A combination of fits and things I have heard is the reasoning behind the picks.
- Cleveland Browns – Myles Garrett, EDGE, Texas A&M
Garrett is a dominant defensive end and checks every box. This is straight out of the movie draft day. Diehard Browns fan Down the Damon put it best.
- San Francisco 49ers – Jamal Adams, S, LSU
The former all-pro safety John Lynch’s first ever pick is a future all-pro safety. After trying to trade out the 49ers didn’t get the price they were asking for.
- Chicago Bears – Solomon Thomas, EDGE, Stanford
Bears go safe with an edge rusher. He can help them rush the passer and stuff the run.
- Jacksonville Jaguars – Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
Tom Coughlin is said to love Watson. Bortles has been bad for 3 years, this team is set up to win now. With Allen Robinson’s skill set Watson will have a receiver he can trust the way he did with Williams.
- Tennessee Titans – Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State
I believe the Titans should go receiver here, but they are said to be in love with Lattimore. It makes sense when watching Lattimore, he reminded me of Revis.
TRADE ALERT – Browns Trade 12 and 52 to the Jets for 6
- Cleveland Browns – Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
The Browns ownership wants a QB. The home town kid is the player they are chasing after and get a cheap trade up with the Jets.
- San Diego Chargers – Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
First huge surprise of the draft. The OT class is thought of as a weaker one, but in the past thirty years there have been only 3 draft classes where an offensive lineman wasn’t taken in the top 10. Chargers need to keep Rivers upright and get the Outland award winner to protect his blindside.
- Carolina Panthers – Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
McCaffrey is the best back in the class and the Panthers need to help Cam by getting him another weapon. All reports are the Panthers are in love with McCaffrey’s game.