With Week 10 now in the books, it’s time to release our staff rankings that now factor in the weekend that was in college football.
Each of the seven members of the NDT staff (Kyle Crabbs, Joe Marino, Roger Dixon, Scott Bischoff, Jon Ledyard, Benjamin Solak and Jonah Tuls) submitted their individual top-15 rankings that factored into the composite list by averaging them together.
We welcome a new team to the coveted top four while a host of one-loss teams became two-loss teams and caused a major shakeup. As we sort out the final spots in the poll, two new teams make an appearance while undefeated Miami and Wisconsin take a surge towards the top but still sit behind one-loss teams.
*Last weeks rank in parenthesis.
- Alabama 9-0 (1) – Our staff is still split on who the No. 1 team in the Nation is, but a convincing win over a hot LSU team was enough for the Tide to stay at the top spot.
- Georgia 9-0 (2) – The Dawgs continued its undefeated season by beating South Carolina, but a tough challenge at Auburn looms on Saturday.
- Notre Dame 8-1 (3) – The Irish won but allowed a season-high 37 points to Wake Forest on Saturday and star running back Josh Adams went down with a concussion. Undefeated Miami hosts Notre Dame on Saturday night.
- Clemson 8-1 (5) – The Tigers virtually secured its appearance in the ACC Championship game by defeating NC State on the road last week. Clemson hosts Florida State this Saturday.
- Oklahoma 8-1 (9) – With wins at Ohio State and Oklahoma State, the Sooners boast an impressive resume of wins. They’ll need another strong showing on Saturday to defeat 8-1 TCU.
- Miami 8-0 (8) – The Canes dominant win over Virginia Tech finally gave Miami’s resume a boost. They’ll have a chance on Saturday against Notre Dame to make another statement.
- Wisconsin 9-0 (7) – The Badgers may be undefeated but our staff is not impressed with its resume. Can Iowa knock off the Badgers like they did Ohio State this Saturday?
- TU 8-1 (11) – The Frogs got back to its winning ways on Saturday with a win over Texas. They’ll have a chance to shakeup the poll with a road win over Oklahoma on Saturday.
- Washington 8-1 (13) – The one-loss Huskies jumped up in the poll with a 38-3 win over Oregon on Saturday. Knocking off Stanford this week could get Washington back into the playoff conversation.
- Auburn 7-2 (NR) – Last week, the Tigers didn’t receive any votes from our staff to be ranked in the top-15 and now they sit in the tenth slot. Auburn closes the season with two its final three games against Georgia and Alabama. If they win both of those…
- Ohio State 7-2 (4) – The Buckeyes went from being in the playoffs to outside of the top 10 after losing to Iowa and it not being a competitive contest. That’s twice this season Ohio State got embarrassed.
- Oklahoma State 7-2 (10) – The Cowboys fell two spots after coming up short against Oklahoma. They’ll need help to play in the Big 12 Championship.
- Penn State 7-2 (6) – Losers of consecutive games, the Lions are now firmly on the outside looking in of the playoff picture. The schedule does soften considerably the rest of the way and Penn State has a chance at a 10-win regular season.
- Central Florida 8-0 (14) – The Knights undefeated campaign continued with a victory over SMU.
- Michigan State 7-2 (NR) – With wins over Penn State and Michigan, the Spartans are making unexpected noise in the Big 10. They have a chance to get even louder should they knock off Ohio State on Saturday.
Others receiving votes: Southern Cal, Virginia Tech, South Florida, Memphis
Dropping Out: Virginia Tech, Iowa State